Eligibility & Selection Criteria
- The applicant MUST be the original copyright owner of the submitted material, or is authorised to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the submitted material.
- Only registered scripts/screen plays will be accepted.
- Full-length (running time 60 minutes or longer) feature film project with a director, producer and a production company attached.
- No Documentaries or Short Films will be accepted.
- For Web Series; Full length (8-10 episodes) series with a Show Runner, director, producer and a production company attached.
- The project must have a proposed budget and not fully financed; at least 30% of the total production must have been financed and proof of this funding to be part of application docket. The festival reserves the right to verify this funding and take a call on the submission.
- In case of Book To Screen – The books must be published or contract must be signed and publication date should be within the next one year.
- Display a high market potential for South Asia and/or the international market based out of the US.
- The project should possess the commercial and artistic viability to be successful in one /both areas of the target market.
- At any stage of production.
- Priority will be given to projects that have not participated in any other film market before.
- Projects without a director on board will not be accepted.(Web Series exempted)
Required materials to be filled/uploaded: (Co-Production & Gap Funding)
- A completed Project Submission Form (online);
- Synopsis (1000 words in English);
- Treatment (1000 words in English);
- First twenty pages of script.
- Director’s Biography and Filmography (300 words max for each in English);
- Producer’s Biography and Filmography (300 words max for each in English).
- Production Company profile (200 words in English)This also.
- Proof of 30% funding the production budget of the project.
- Submission fee.
In case of Gap Funding Extra Materials Required.
- Budget Top Sheet. (Total Budget)
- Budget Spent.
- Cast & Crew List.
- 5 mins Video Footage.
Required Materials for Web-Series to be Uploaded
- Two page pitch-Logline, short synopsis or story arc, world, treatment.
- Character sketches of main characters.
- Detailed story of the first season with beginning, middle and end, and two more seasons story concept.
- First episode screenplay of the first season.
- Episodic synopsis for the rest of the episodes of the first season.
- Story Arc for subsequent season/s.
Required Materials (Book To Screen)
- One page pitch-short synopsis of story with logline and why the title has been chosen for screen adaptation. Pitch should start with title, author, publisher, date of publication (if not yet published then signed contract to be attached with application), details of rights holders.
- Publisher/Agent profile – 500 words
- Author profile – 500 words (these two points can also be a part of the form for this category.)
- Two page synopsis of the book with beginning, middle and end. No teasers.